Dave A. Barry, Chartered FCIPD
A human resource management postgraduate of University College Cork, after initial roles in travel and retail Dave joined global biopharma Eli Lilly in February 1999 for thirteen years across human resources, lean six sigma and finance.
Keen to lead in other sectors, Dave left Lilly in October 2011 and following a telecoms project role joined cybersecurity leader Trend Micro in March 2013 as Head of HR – EMEA Operations Centre/Ireland and interim Southern Europe.
Passionate re keeping work human, Dave left Trend in October 2016 to management consult in life sciences before establishing Conexion.ie® in October 2018. A keynote speaker on organisational connection and people leadership, Dave also part time lectures in human resource and talent management.
Recent Speaking Engagements
- Public Affairs Ireland, Dublin, 'Understanding how employees are really feeling, for Public Sector HR and L&D 2021 focus' webinar, 13th January 2021
- Customer Contact Management Association (CCMA), Dublin, 'How to Give Your Team a Boost in 2021' webinar, December 2020
- EmployFlex, Cork, 'Career Connection for New Opportunities - a HR Guru Perspective' webinar, October 2020
- Bright Horizons UK, 'Work+Family, Wellbeing & What Next in Ireland?' virtual event, September 2020
- The Sweeney Show, Cork, Podcast #47, September 2020
- Republic of Work, Cork, 'How Small Businesses are Navigating During COVID-19' webinar, August 2020
- Network Cork, 'Back to Business' webinar, July 2020
- Local Enterprise Office (LEO) Cork City, '6 steps to help employees and businesses adapt to a new normal' webinar, June 2020
- Skillnet Ireland International Women's Day Event, Cork, March 2020
- Public Affairs Ireland (PAI) Annual HR Conference, Dublin, February 2020
Trusted Associates and Partners
- Insights consultancy, Colette Quinn
- Careers and coaching, Aideen Shannon
- Coaching and training, Anne Marie Crowley
- Conferences and events, Leigh Gillen Events
- Public sector training, Public Affairs Ireland