Dave A. Barry, Chartered FCIPD
Keeping Work Human | Founder of Conexion.ie, Speaker/Lecturer and Steering Group Member of Cork Chamber Skillnet
A graduate of UCC in HR and French & Economics, subsequent to initial roles in travel and retail Dave joined biopharma Eli Lilly in February 1999 for thirteen years across HR, Lean Six Sigma and Finance at three Cork locations with close US and European links.
Keen to lead in other sectors, Dave left Lilly in October 2011 and following a telecoms HR 'self-service' project role in Dublin joined global cybersecurity leader Trend Micro in Cork in March 2013 as Head of HR – EMEA Operations Centre/Ireland and interim Southern Europe.
Passionate about evolving work and HR from operational to organisational via culture, strategy and people focuses, Dave moved on from Trend in October 2016 to pursue related management consulting opportunities prior to establishing Conexion.ie in October 2018.
Recent Speaking Engagements
- Public Affairs Ireland Annual HR Conference (Dublin), January 2019, 'Connecting Culture, Strategy & People, to Bring Both Public Sector Performance and Talent Management to Next-Level'
- Republic of Work Lunchtime Learning (Cork), February 2019, 'Connecting Culture, Strategy & People for Business or Start-Up Success'
- Teagasc International Women's Day Event (Cork), March 2019, 'Individually-Connecting You, Your Career & Teagasc’
- 24 Stories Tribe (Cork), May 2019, ‘From Eli Lilly to Trend Micro to Conexion.ie: Connecting Culture, Strategy & People’
- Cork Entrepreneurs Network (Cork), June 2019, 'Optimising Company Performance: Going Broad & Going Deep' with Fiona Donnelly of Nexus Consulting
- Public Affairs Ireland Breakfast Briefing (Dublin), October 2019, 'Supporting your Leadership Development - Reflect, Develop and Change' with Julie O'Sullivan of KinchLyons
- 24 Stories Tribe Inside Talk (Cork), October 2019, 'Inside Coolgrey Connected' with Anthony Cotter & Justin Cronin of Coolgrey, Stephen Ryan of Narration and Leigh Gillen of Leigh Gillen Events
- Family Friendly Ireland Awards (Cork), November 2019, judges' panel discussion
- Republic of Work Lunchtime Learning (Cork), January 2020, 'The Rollercoaster Ups & Downs of Start-Up Year 1'
- Public Affairs Ireland Annual HR Conference (Dublin), February 2020, 'Joining Organisational Dots - Connecting Diversity and Wellbeing across Public Service Culture, Strategy and People'
- Skillnet Ireland International Women's Day Event (The Kingsley Hotel, Cork), March 2020, 'Collectively, we can make change happen' panel discussion
* Upcoming * Bright Horizons Work+Family Solutions (Webinar), 7th May 2020, 'Gender Pay Gaps and Shared Parental Leave: the Changing Landscape for Family-Friendly Employers in Ireland' speaker
More to come...
Alliance and Partners
In tandem with growing both client and trusted associate bases, we continue to explore potential Conexion.ie alliance and partnering with providers aligned to our vision, mission & purpose, and values.
1. Coolgrey. Brand design and collateral.
2. Public Affairs Ireland. Public sector speaking, workshops and masterclasses.
3. REDStudio. Web and apps.