Dave A. Barry, Chartered FCIPD
Keeping Work Human | Founder Conexion.ie®, Speaker/Lecturer, and Steering Group Member of Cork Chamber Skillnet
A graduate of UCC in HR and French & Economics, subsequent to initial roles in travel and retail Dave joined biopharma Eli Lilly in February 1999 for thirteen years across HR, Lean Six Sigma and Finance at three Cork locations with close US and European links.
Keen to lead in other sectors, Dave left Lilly in October 2011 and following a telecoms HR 'self-service' project role in Dublin joined global cybersecurity leader Trend Micro in Cork in March 2013 as Head of HR – EMEA Operations Centre/Ireland and interim Southern Europe.
Passionate about keeping work human by evolving HR from operational to organisational, Dave moved on from Trend in October 2016 to pursue related management consulting opportunities prior to establishing Conexion.ie® in October 2018.
Recent Speaking Engagements
- Public Affairs Ireland, Dublin, October 2019
- 24 Stories Tribe, Cork, October 2019
- Family Friendly Awards, Cork, November 2019
- Republic of Work, Cork, January 2020
- Public Affairs Ireland Annual HR Conference, Dublin, February 2020
- Skillnet Ireland International Women's Day Event, Cork, March 2020
Trusted Associates and Partners
- HR and coaching, Aideen Shannon
- Conferences and events, Leigh Gillen
- Insights consultancy, Colette Quinn
- Coolgrey design and workplace branding
- Public Affairs Ireland public sector L&D
- REDStudio web and apps