Dave A. Barry, Chartered FCIPD
Joining Organizational Dots | Founding Director Conexion.ie | Speaker and PT/Online Lecturer
A graduate of UCC in HR and French & Economics, subsequent to initial roles in travel and retail Dave joined biopharma Eli Lilly in February 1999 for thirteen years across HR, Lean Six Sigma and Finance at three Cork locations with close US and European links.
Keen to lead in other sectors, Dave left Lilly in October 2011 and following a telecoms HR 'self-service' project role in Dublin joined global cybersecurity leader Trend Micro in Cork in March 2013 as Head of HR – EMEA Operations Centre/Ireland and interim Southern Europe.
Passionate about evolving work and HR from operational to organizational via culture, strategy and people focuses, Dave moved on from Trend in October 2016 to pursue related management consulting opportunities prior to establishing Conexion.ie in October 2018.
Recent Dave A. Barry Speaking
- Public Affairs Ireland Annual HR Conference (Dublin), January 2019, 'Connecting Culture, Strategy & People, to Bring Both Public Sector Performance and Talent Management to Next-Level'
- Republic of Work Lunchtime Learning (Cork), February 2019, 'Connecting Culture, Strategy & People for Business or Start-Up Success'
- Teagasc International Women's Day Event (Cork), March 2019, 'Individually-Connecting You, Your Career & Teagasc’
- 24 Stories Tribe (Cork), May 2019, ‘From Eli Lilly to Trend Micro to Conexion.ie: Connecting Culture, Strategy & People’
- Cork Entrepreneurs Network (Cork), June 2019, 'Optimising Company Performance: Going Broad & Going Deep' with Fiona Donnelly of Nexus Consulting
- Public Affairs Ireland Breakfast Briefing (Dublin), October 2019, 'Supporting your Leadership Development - Reflect, Develop and Change' with Julie O'Sullivan of KinchLyons
- 24 Stories Tribe Inside Talk (Cork), October 2019, 'Inside Coolgrey Connected' with Anthony Cotter & Justin Cronin of Coolgrey, Stephen Ryan of Narration and Leigh Gillen of Leigh Gillen Events
- Family Friendly Ireland Awards (Cork), 15th November 2019, Judges Panel Session
*** Upcoming ***
- Republic of Work Lunchtime Learning (Cork), 28th January 2020, 'The Rollercoaster Ups & Downs of Start-Up Year 1'
- Public Affairs Ireland Annual HR Conference (Dublin), 6th February 2020, 'Joining Organizational Dots - Connecting Diversity and Wellbeing across Public Service Culture, Strategy and People'
More to come...
Alliances and Partners
In tandem with growing both client and associate bases, we continue to explore potential Conexion.ie alliances and partnering with providers aligned to our vision, mission & purpose, and values.
1. Coolgrey Connected (Client brand collaboration)
Strategically bringing Conexion.ie Culture Strategy People client foundations to life through Emotionise story and content creation, Coolgrey creative design and marketing, Narration PR and digital strategy, and Leigh Gillen corporate events. With a collectively strong portfolio of clients across all sectors, we would be delighted to chat further regarding the symbiotic brand, communications and engagement benefits for your business in exploring our exciting new alliance offering:
Leigh Gillen (Events)
1. Public Affairs Ireland. Public service speaking and workshops.
2. REDStudio. Web and apps.