Dave A. Barry, Chartered FCIPD
Joining organizational dots, bringing companies higher | Founding Director Conexion.ie | Speaker & Lecturer
A graduate of UCC in HR and French & Economics, after initial customer service and finance roles in the travel and retail sectors, Dave joined Eli Lilly in February 1999 for thirteen years across HR, Lean Six Sigma/Organization Development and Finance at three Cork locations with close US and European links.
Keen to lead in other sectors, Dave left Lilly in October 2011 and after an interim HR self-service project role with Telefonica in Dublin, he joined global cybersecurity organization Trend Micro in Cork in March 2013 as Head of HR – Ireland and interim Southern Europe.
Passionate about evolving HR from operational to organizational via culture, strategy & people focuses, Dave moved on from Trend in October 2016 to pursue related HR management consulting opportunities, initially as Director of Talent & Transformation at Fastnet – The Talent Group prior to establishing Conexion.ie in October 2018.
Recent Conexion.ie Speaking
- Local Authority 20th Annual HR Conference (Dublin), October 2018, 'How a Focus on Data Helps Achieve Your People Strategy'
- Rezoomo Talks (Galway & Limerick), November 2018, 'From Employee Value Proposition to Connection - The Evolution of Brand'
- Public Affairs Ireland Annual HR Conference (Dublin), January 2019, 'Connecting Culture, Strategy & People, to Bring Both Public Sector Performance and Talent Management to Next-Level'
- Republic of Work Lunchtime Learning (Cork), February 2019, 'Connecting Culture, Strategy & People for Business or Start-Up Success'
- Teagasc International Women's Day Event (Cork), March 2019, 'Individually-Connecting You, Your Career & Teagasc’
- 24 Stories Tribe (Cork), May 2019, ‘From Eli Lilly to Trend Micro to Conexion.ie: Connecting Culture, Strategy & People’
- Cork Entrepreneurs Network (Cork), June 2019, 'Optimising Company Performance: Going Broad & Going Deep' with Fiona Donnelly of Nexus Consulting
More to come...
Alliances and Associates
In tandem with growing our valued client base, we continue to explore potential Conexion.ie alliances and associations with partners aligned to our vision, mission & purpose, and values.
Having personally worked with each, delighted to confirm Fiona Donnelly, Aideen Shannon and Lukasz Madrzak as expertise associates of Conexion.ie's, and watch this space for forthcoming news of exciting strategic alliances...